Eight Dimensions, One Goal
Wellness at East Ridge at Cutler Bay can be defined as optimizing the mind, body and spirit of each resident through an array of activities and programs designed to support eight recognized dimensions. Although wellness is measured uniquely for each individual, the opportunity exists for all residents to be a part of programs to enhance the physical, social, intellectual, vocational, spiritual, emotional, environmental and health services areas of wellness.
East Ridge encourages choice through an exciting lifestyle program, and helps integrate and balance all dimensions to achieve exceptional results and wellness for its residents. Self-direction, optimism and a focus on embracing each day contributes to whole-person wellness and a feeling of being a part of an active, vibrant and nurturing community.
Living life to the fullest in each of these disciplines can be the key to small changes that create exceptional results. For example…
- Physical: Enjoy regular physical activity through programs such as water aerobics, Tai Chi, shuffleboard, Wii™ sports, yoga, and use of our 76 acres of green space and walking trails. Benefits can include increased strength and balance, as well as improved overall physical health.
- Social: Foster relationships, share interests and make friends through fun activities such as birthday nights, travel club, movie night, theater, shopping trips, musical concerts and much more.
- Intellectual: Solve problems, think creatively and be challenged mentally. Enjoy life and challenge yourself through our book club, library, “Still Learning” lectures and expert guest speakers.
- Vocational: Share your wisdom, experience and knowledge. Join us for volunteer opportunities, garden club, wood shop, ceramics and the Village Crafters.
- Spiritual: Maintain a connection with inner values while finding peace and purpose in life. Opportunities at East Ridge include religious services, garden club, nature discussions, rose garden, chapel and musical programs, just to name a few.
- Emotional: Maintain a positive outlook, be happy and feel good about yourself and others. Experience all this at East Ridge through our poetry groups, arts and crafts, Sharing Caring lectures and more.
- Environmental: Preserve our land and care about our environment, leaving the next generation a beautiful world. Experience 76 acres of pristine green and open area at East Ridge. Respect our community by recycling and displaying a “green” attitude.
- Health Services: Know that on-site assisted living and skilled nursing are available to you through LifeCare at East Ridge.