East Ridge at Cutler Bay, a retirement community offering life care, offers residents key components to overall health and wellness through eight dimensions of wellness.
- Each month a planned activity calendar is designed to bring residents many options for a full integration of these dimensions. These include social, vocational, intellectual, spiritual, physical, emotional and environmental, health services. These dimensions interrelate to improve residents’ quality of life living at East Ridge.
Studies show that activities to help one flourish increase the vigor of the mind, body and spirit. According to a study from Harvard Medicine, social relationships provide not only emotional sustenance but also bring physical benefits, easing stress that can affect the arteries, the immune system, and other body functions.
2. Each month, the community’s activities revolve around a wellness theme. For example, in September the community’s theme is ‘Healthy Options.’ There will be special workshop lead by Carol Lerner, M.S.C.C.C. entitled ‘From Age-ing to Sage-ing™, A Profound New Vision of Growing Older.’ This geriatric healthcare specialist will explain the art and science of interpersonal as well as intrapersonal communication. She will discuss how people can share the wisdom they’ve gained from their life experiences to improve their relationships and expand conscious awareness of the meaning of life. Her talk is geared to offer intellectual and emotional dimensions.
3. Wellness through positive and nutritious eating habits. Making well-informed food choices can have an incredibly positive impact on increasing your level of wellness. One of the ways East Ridge at Cutler Bay support wellness through healthy eating habits is by offering nutritional counseling through the community’s Vitality Program, Dietitian, and Wellness Center.
4. Dimensions of wellness will be also be found at a Spa Pamper Day later in the month. Residents will enjoy free massages, hair styling demonstrations, make up tips, hand massages, and beauty treats. The Salon and Spa at East Ridge offers many spa services for residents enabling them to have these personal services without leaving the community.
5. Since reading is considered a healthy option for mind, body and spirit, East Ridge offers many opportunities. A wonderful library is stocked with a variety of books, a mobile library regularly visits and a book club lead by residents reviews a book each month. There are also visiting guest book reviewers too.
6. The community has a variety of volunteer opportunities enabling residents to continue to feel they are making contributions and their wealth of experience is appreciated and valued.
7. East Ridge practices many green recycling efforts and this fits into the environmental dimension enabling residents to show concern and care for their environment.
8. A unique life care community, East Ridge draws from the rich neighborhood charm of suburban Cutler Bay and the vibrancy of Miami in a lush tropical environment. East Ridge, located at 19301 SW 87th Avenue, offers a continuum of care, including independent and assisting living, respite care and skilled nursing care and rehabilitation.
For more information, feel free to give us a call at (305) 256-3564 .